electric motors (free for a good home and a questions)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: electric motors (free for a good home and a questions)
From: "Eric" <eric@megageek.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 14:16:04 -0400
I have 4 motors...

2 of them are 3/4hp  motors that used to be in chicken feed
mixers/feeders.  I have no idea if they work or not, but if anyone is
interested in them, they are free.  (I can check if they work if someone
is interested.  I don't have to much info on them as the labels on them
are worn off.  Note, they are BIG and HEAVY!)

Now, I also have 2 other motors that are 3/4hp 115volt.  They came off of
my boat lift, so they are designed with the clutches and all built in.

Now, for my question, I wanted to built an electric hoist out of one (or
both of them)

Does anyone know where I can get some plans for one?  I was thinking of an
"A" frame or other overhead, movable frame that I could lift stuff up
with.  Sort of like a general purpose lift.  (or should a buy a prebuilt
unit?)

One of my projects is rebuilding an old metal lathe.  With pieces well
over 1000#, I need some help moving it and this should fit the bill.

TIA for any help.

Inch
http://megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage?"
R Waters.