wood floor over a slab

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: wood floor over a slab
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 00:00:59 -0400 (EDT)
listers,

I need to re-floor about 1200 sq. ft. over a concrete slab.  going to be
wood strip.  obviously I need the glue or snap-together setup instead of
nails.  anybody have experience doing this or living with it?  I have an
insanely active and destructive four year-old so wear resistance is a
primary concern.  if you've put it down, I'd like to hear about the
experience as well.  places to buy might be nice, too.  I've found a place
on the net, but prices don't seem to be any better than home depot.

thanks.

scott