RE: tractors

To: "'Jan Goethals'" <janealpg@airmail.net>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: tractors
From: Gil Fuqua <gil.fuqua@cci-ir.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 16:12:24 -0500
I had a similar set up and bought several tractors over the years.  My last
one was a 50hp Kubota...by far the best tractor I ever owned.  It was more
powerful, easier to operate and maintain than a John Deere and Massey
Ferguson that I owned.

I would recommend you get a front end loader with a quick connect
attachment.  They are a pain in the neck to have on the tractor if you don't
need them.  The loader is invaluable for moving things around and other uses
you never thought of till you have it.

I recommend a flail mower (the Mott brand is one of the best).  It can cut
your fields very easily and makes them look like your yard.  It's the type
of mower the park services use around here to cut the big wide open park
spaces.  It's not as dangerous as a bush hog type mower and much sturdier
than a regular belly mower.  I could use it to cut the fields as fast as I
felt comfortable in driving the tractor.

Good luck on the farm.

Gil Fuqua
Nashville