Re: Retractable air hose reels

To: ken.landaiche@nokia.com
Subject: Re: Retractable air hose reels
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 18:36:41 -0400
ken.landaiche@nokia.com wrote:
 > I was in Home Depot this morning looking at their Campbell Hausfeld
 > 25' retractable air hose reel, $50. I almost bought it, then thought
 > I'd check the web and ask you Shoppers what you thought of it.
 >
 > The web seems to think that $50 is very cheap for a hose reel,
 > thought most were longer than 25'.

   I have a very cheap host reel that I'm quite sure I didn't pay nearly
$50us for, and it seems to work just fine and has for years. Guessing, I
probably paid like $29cdn for it.

   The main knock against it, from my guess, is that the hose is narrow
so I might be losing some psi along the way. However, I certainly
haven't noticed, and I always have a normal air hose if I suspect that
it is a problem and I need a lot of PSI for a stubborn bolt or something.

   YMMV.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca