trailer tugger.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: trailer tugger.
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:28:35 -0500
Wayne,

You can use a medium sized garden tractor for moving the empty trailers I'm
sure...  I've used a 12hp cub cadet to drag my 4000 # '53 f-100 around the
yard till I got it torn down..  My 20 hp will move my trailer loaded with
3000# of mulch or rock with no problem...

I've also seen a 'trailer tugger" unit in a catalog recently... could have
been northern hydraulics...  it's a battery powered unit that has a hitch
and a set of turf type wheels... they were expensive for me, but that's
relative...  the pallet jacks might work in a shop, but if you're outside
on rough terrain or gravel, they would just bog down .... small hard
rubber/steel wheels on all I've seen.   You might also check with some
commercial trailer or semi trailer folks to see what they can offer...  All
the boat yards and such around here use small Kubota tractors with 3pt
hitches attached...  but there you go using us room again.

They make a manual 'dolly' that is nothing but an axle with 8" (or so)
wheels and a handle and ball...  works well on boats and such...but with a
700# tongue weight... you need Hulk Hogan to move much..  now if you could
find a way to motorize one of those...say 8hp gas engine with slip clutch
mounted in front of the hitch ...chain drive...  you might be onto
something...

hope that confuses you even more

john

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of
pic27529.gif]