Re: Another washer question.

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: Another washer question.
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 21:39:54 -0400 (EDT)
Hi, Inch.

All the washers I know have a fairly powerful pump to empty the tub.
I expect you could direct the drain water into a tall standpipe
adjacent to the machine and have plenty of head to get everything to
a connection to the septic system.

If you don't want to do that, I suspect the suggestion of a dry well
(french cistern?) would do just fine.  Water from a washing machine is
reasonably sanitary, after all.

HTH,
Donald.