Re: Another washer question.

To: Eric <eric@megageek.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Another washer question.
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:07:45 -0500
Inch...

for about 30 years at my fathers house, the washer drain dumped into a
"tank" which consisted of a 55 gallon drum buried in a pit surrounded by
course field line gravel.  a single field line of concrete drain pipe about
30 feet long ran from that tank and he never had a problem .   Only after
the septic tank had to be replaced did he cut all the drain systems into
the main tank.  The only sign of the original tank was greener grass in
that area and over the field line.

If it's a guest house and used occasionally...  it should last several
lifetimes... the other benefit is you get to use your big equipment to dig
a hole.. cool

I plan on a similar arrangement for the sink I've planned on installing in
my garage for the last 5 years !

john