RE: Line trimmer (no car stuff at all)

To: Tim.Mullen@trw.com, LBC286@aol.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Line trimmer (no car stuff at all)
From: pethier@isd.net
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:23:19 -0500
>By the way, be very careful that you do not purchase a line trimmer that
>spins in the opposite way -

Heck, I *want* one that spins in the opposite way!

The string-trimmers I have seen have all rotated the same direction as the
standard
rotary lawnmower.  The lawnmower, when run up against a wall, tends to bend
the uncut grass to the right.  The string-trimmer does the same thing.  If the
string-trimmer were to rotate the other way, it would tend to stand the grass
up and cut it.

Sorry to have accidently steered the discussion towards the practical...

Phil "hoping to beat the weather and get it cut after work today" Ethier