Re: Line trimmer (no car stuff at all)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Line trimmer (no car stuff at all)
From: Mike Sloane <msloane@att.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:34:04 -0400
I like Tim's answer better than mine. :-)

Mike

Mullen, Tim wrote:
> LBC286@aol.com [mailto:LBC286@aol.com] wrote:
>
>>As you cut the weeds, where does the line go?  <...>
>

> Well, to really understand it, you have to have a working knowledge
> or magneto-hydrodynamics, gravimetrics, and trans-dimension warp theory,
> but the quick answer is that due to the rotational forces generated by
> the spinning head/string, and the energy released during the string's
> impact with the weeds, and that energy's interaction with the gravitational
> field of the earth, a minute, instantaneous trans-dimensional warp field
> is generated opening a "portal" to the 18th dimension.  Because of the
> centripetal forces acting on the string, it is "flung" thru the "portal".
> The weeds however to not have time to accelerate to the necessary speed,
> so they don't make the "jump" - several manufacturers are working on
> improved models in an attempt to properly accelerate the weed's remains
> in an effort to market a line trimmer that "cleans up after itself".
>
> To go farther into the theory usually requires several graduate level
> physics courses.
>
> By the way, be very careful that you do not purchase a line trimmer that
> spins in the opposite way - they generate "reverse" trans-dimensional warp
> field, and suck the plastic bits back from the 18th dimension...
>
> Tim Mullen

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
Email:(msloane@att.net)
Website: <http://www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Tractor images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

"'twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe: all mimsy
were the borograves, and the mome raths outgrabe..." (5 points if you know the
next couplet)