RE: paintball guns

To: <mikey@b2systems.com>, <ericm@lne.com>, <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Subject: RE: paintball guns
From: <ken.landaiche@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:29:06 -0700
My friends here in northern California who have deer problems end up fencing
the areas they want to protect. In the summer dryness the deer get hungry
enough to eat anything.

Only a physical or compete visual barrier works. Deer can easily jump a six
foot fence if they can see enough of the landing zone to feel confident trying
it. And I have seen a scared deer jump through a round, 1-2 foot opening in a
fence about four feet off the ground.

One friend has a ~5 foot high fence of juniper trees (he keeps them trimmed :).
It works because the deer can't see the other side. An electrified fence would
only work if it was also an eight foot physical barrier. And at that point, why
electrify it?

Ken Landaiche