Re: paintball guns

To: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>, David Hillman
Subject: Re: paintball guns
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 15:00:42 -0700
>The one thing that has worked is fencing, the entire vegetable
>garden is fenced off.  which is probably what I'll wind up doing

   How about a simple electrified fence ?  I fenced off my yard with wire
using the wire from a chain link fence, I have no idea what gauge it is but
it is the wire that you would feed through a chain link fence at the
top/bottom for tension.  It is galvanized, cheap and it works.  The
electrifier is a Sears unit, 10+ years ago, $70, I have no idea what it
would cost now.  It works great, just pound in a few sticks around the
trees, place the wire 3 or 4 feet off the ground and ZAP them out
there.  You may have to play with the height and may even have to put in 2
wires (ground/hot) a few inches apart to make sure you get good contact.

   But one wire works for cows and horses so I assume it will work for
deers also.  I had to put in 2 wires in one place because the animal was
standing on heavily mulched area and could not get a good ground.

   The advantage is that you don't have to stay there with the paintball
gun 24hours a day waiting for the deer.

   Another idea, is a sprinkler with a motion detector.  I have seen these
in various home gardening catalogs and here are a few links.

http://tomsgarden.com/s/shop/item.asp_Q_id_E_85471

http://www.bugspray.com/catalog/products/page1073.html

And since this is a shop list, of course you will want to build your own
motion detector sprinkler :)

  http://www.perigee.net/~jrjohns/web13.html

    I have no idea how well the sprinklers work, I use electric because its
there already.

         mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/