Re: paintball guns

To: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Subject: Re: paintball guns
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 15:14:23 -0700
On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 03:00:42PM -0700, Mike Rambour wrote:

> >The one thing that has worked is fencing, the entire vegetable
> >garden is fenced off.  which is probably what I'll wind up doing
>
>    How about a simple electrified fence ?

I think it has to be pretty high for western mule deer.
They can jump high and they get pretty motivated by
the end of the dry season when your plants are the only green things left.
Although the garden fence is only 6' and its worked so far.

Half of the apple trees are within a long extension cord stretch, the
others are down the road about 300' away from power.
There are solar fence chargers though.

>    Another idea, is a sprinkler with a motion detector.  I have seen these
> in various home gardening catalogs and here are a few links.
>
> And since this is a shop list, of course you will want to build your own
> motion detector sprinkler :)
>
>   http://www.perigee.net/~jrjohns/web13.html

Cool, thanks.

Eric