Re: Engine out of TR6 -- how to mount it on the stand?

To: Douglas Shook <shook@usc.edu>, "Mullen, Tim" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Subject: Re: Engine out of TR6 -- how to mount it on the stand?
From: Derek <dereklola@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 13:58:34 -0700 (PDT)
Mounting from the side of the block is often better for 4 cylinder
engines. Can't you find some thing on the side of the block? - 3 or 4
cast bosses for an engine mount, or an oil pump mounting flange? Then
make a suitable small plate welded directly to the tube that goes into
the engine stand. Much better then the crude 1/2 ton 1/2" plate with
swinging arms.
Derek

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com