Re: Flooring for portable shelter?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <jamesf@bayarea.net>
Subject: Re: Flooring for portable shelter?
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 06:47:18 -0400
In the greenhouses my family owns, we've got black plastic down on the
ground, about 6m thick.  Raised on the edges and stapled to the batten
boards that form the outline of the greenhouses, they keep water
completely out of the structure.

My own PVC pipe and plastic hoop houses (cost about $40 each for a
20x20 structure) I use for storage have nothing but the earth.  Not a
problem really, except for weeds growing up in them.  I simply laid my
plastic skin down an extra foot on the sides and laid bricks, boards or
whatever on them to keep them down.  Rain and such goes over the tops
and not under them, so things inside stay pretty dry.  Condensation
dripping down on hot days is a real factor though.

>>> Jim Franklin <jamesf@bayarea.net> 05/29/02 04:49PM >>>

I just bought a 12' x 20' "portable" shelter, those garages with a
frame
and pvc/plastic cover & walls. What do people use as a floor in these?
I'll be putting it down on grass/dirt, and don't have time to do any
excavation, really don't feel like paying for nice pavers. I'll be
storing
motorcycles in it, just after I replace the clutch in my jeep in there.