CBs and Lawn Mowers..

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: CBs and Lawn Mowers..
From: "Mullen, Tim" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 12:22:49 -0400
The list has been quiet for a few days so, I'll ask a question.

I'm about to leave on a cross country trip, so I'm putting
the 'old CB in the truck.  Do people/truckers/whoever still
use Channel 19 for general chit-chat and traffic/"smokey"
reports?

As for my lawn mower with the bent crank, I asked around
at a couple of lawn mower shops in the area about
straightening my crank.  They looked at me like I was crazy.
They don't do it in this area, and never even heard of it
being done...  One of the disadvantages of living in the
"High Income", Northern Virginia area - people are so used
to throwing things away and replacing them (although my new
lawn mower works *much* better than the old one)...   8-)

Tim Mullen