RE: was Blast cabinet, now ebay

To: <LBC286@aol.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: was Blast cabinet, now ebay
From: "Mullen, Tim" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:15:16 -0400
LBC286@aol.com [mailto:LBC286@aol.com] wrote:
> I am going to buy a stand for my compound miter saw.  I saw one at Home Depot
> for $89, so I searched for the same brand on the web.  Found the same model
> for $86.  Add in any amount of shipping, and it is more expensive, plus, I'll
> have to wait for it.  I'll just buy it at H.D.  You have to factor in the
> cost of shipping!

I often find that the savings in sales tax from mail ordering from out of state
offsets the cost of shipping - usually, it's a wash for me.

You have to weigh the cost, the cost of shipping, the savings in sales tax,
the delay, the convenience of buying it local, the convenience of returning it
if
necessary, etc. - but in your case, it's a no brainer..

Tim Mullen

Chantilly, VA