Re: plumbing question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: plumbing question
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:23:38 EDT
In a message dated 4/11/02 12:14:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time, pethier@isd.net
writes:

> No, this is not a plumbing question.  This is a sewer question.  In my job,
> I deal with sewer questions.  The building inspectors deal with plumbing
> questions.  The difference is whether you are inside or outside the
> foundation.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I will be dealing with a similar project in the next few months.  In my
garage there is no sink.  I can run water out there pretty easily, and I was
thinking of just using a French drain for the sink.  Dig a hole, throw in
some rocks, run the drain pipe into the hole.  The sink will be used for hand
washing, maybe some paint brush rinsing, stuff like that.  I would not be
pouring old oil down the drain, that goes to the recycler.

Can you think of any problems with a French drain in this application?  It's
a heckuva lot easier than dealing with a sewer line.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget
'75 MG Midget "The Project"