fund raising

To: mjb@autox.team.net
Subject: fund raising
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 07:39:28 -0500
Mark,
First I must apologize.  Your fall fund raising e-mail is still on my desk
as a reminder to write the check... meant to do it..but never got around to
it. Sorry.....    But today is different.... the check is in the mail...
really... trust me.  It ain't much... $50.00.  too many other things have
depleted my truck/tool/slush fund lately.  But I can't think of anything
else I've seen, read, attended or eaten lately that has given me as much
value for my money.  Even if the questions and answers aren't something I'm
particularly interested in at the time... they are a source of knowledge
that might be used later.  I've got stuff wandering around in my head that
I read here years ago... stuff I'm gonna use (when I get time, after I
paint my shop floor and extend my garage and finish my truck.....)

I can't  imagine that anyone, whether a new member or a long time member
who asked a question and got an answer didn't save at least 20 bucks with
the information they got.  Where else can you go and ask just about any
question on most any subject and get a response from a person who actually
works in that field or has had the same problem or experience you're
facing.

So come on guys... time to pay up...  you get what you pay for and we pay
far too little for what we get here.  Do it today... make Mark's job of
acknowledging contributions REALLY REALLY hard..  This is a great service
that I don't want to see go away... bet you don't either....   it's one
steak dinner, one case of beer... (whoa !!! wait...bad example) anyway you
throw away 20 bucks a weekend and can't even account for it.   Pull out the
check book... write the check... mail it... today...

john

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of
pic11840.gif]