Re: summer is coming - need shop hvac help!

To: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: summer is coming - need shop hvac help!
From: "Phil Ethier"<pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 19:12:15 GMT
>I realize that with the lack of insulation we won't get optimal performance
but some cooling is better than no cooling, right?!

Insulation must be cheaper than a heat pump and energy costs. I'd go after
insulation
first.  I realize I am in the cold belt and that it does not generally stay
in the ninties for very long here.  But my insulated shop is so much cooler
in the summer than the adjacent garage that it is startling.  Of course, I have
no A/C in the shop.

I'd think that insulating the joint and using a couple used air-conditioners
would be better than trying to cool an uninsulated barn.

Phil Ethier