RE: painted shop floors

To: jmark.vanscoter@amd.com, ken.landaiche@nokia.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: painted shop floors
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:26:20 -0800 (PST)
> Anyone have any ideas were I could learn the answer?

Call a real paint store.

But they'll tell you what you don't want to hear - for the epoxy to
really bond with the floor, it needs some "tooth". You get that
tooth by grinding or etching.

BTW, I tried painting my new concrete floor with a good quality epoxy
and had dismal results. I followed the directions, did everything right,
and the stuff just never set - it came up in sheets. I was so disgusted
that I paid to have it done - at about $3/sq ft (a fairly good price
here in the SF Bay Area) I am still ecstatic about the results. They
diamond ground the floor, put down three layers of paint and a
urethane finish. The urethane layer shows scratches but cleans up
with Mop-n-glo.