RE: painted shop floors

To: <w.farrington@verizon.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: painted shop floors
From: <ken.landaiche@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:43:51 -0800
I painted with toxic epoxy. Early reports of water based epoxies were not very
favorable. But I'll bet they have improved greatly over the years.

It has held up very well to jack stands and jacks. I don't have any welding
gear, so I can't comment on that. Car wheels left for weeks, then twisted to
break adhesion (not recommended, but 4 yr old son...) left the paint in place.
Dropped wood has no effect. Cleanup via sweeping continues to be a breeze. I'd
fill the expansion joints if I did it again. But vacuuming them isn't bad.

The worst damage has been from dropped tools and metal. It generally chips a
very small spot.

Ken