Re: drilling brake rotors

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: drilling brake rotors
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 23:28:06 -0500
John Viviani wrote:
> I think the
> Performance Friction pads aren't to bad if you buy real PF pads, the stuff
> at AutoZone is not quite the same ( I am down the street from PTG (American
> Race team that ran the BMW M3 V8 last year) so I did have to say something
> nice about them as PF is one of their sponsors)

Not quite true. If you walk in to an Autozone and ask for PF pads, they often
have the lowest grade called Street Pads on the shelf. Still a good pad, but
not the one I was raving about. You want the Z-Rated pad which some Autozones
stock and all list on their computer and can get from their warehouse. Don't
let them fool you by saying the street pads are the Z rated pads like they
tried to do to my friend. The Z rated pads have a big Z on sticker on the end
of the box. The nice thing about buying there is you can do a warranty
exchange right at the Autozone counter instead of sending them back to PF.

Jon Rush