Re: drilling brake rotors

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: drilling brake rotors
From: Steven Trovato <trovato@computer.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 19:07:30 -0500
I think I have found another benefit of grooved brake rotors.  On my miata,
in heavy rain, after traveling on the highway the brakes were basically
useless for the first second or so of application.  After that second it
seems that enough water squished out of the way to allow the brakes to
function.  I have installed grooved rotors and this has improved the wet
braking situation.  That first second can be mighty important.  Note, I
purchased grooved rotors.  I did not do anything to groove the ones I had.

-Steve
trovato@computer.net