RE: When to use SWA

To: ken.landaiche@nokia.com, conrad@conrad.uk.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: When to use SWA
From: Derek <dereklola@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:38:21 -0800 (PST)
Conrad, Ken

As Ken says, here, US and Canada, we just bury the wire BUT we use
GFI's where it leaves the main house building. GFI = Ground Fault
Interupter = very sensitive! Not sure whether they are used or
available in UK.

Many years ago in England my father ran regular HD cable to his garage
but being a belt and suspenders (braces) man he also ran it in drainage
pipes just below ground level next to the dividing fence. Have no idea
whether this was legal then, nor whether codes have changes in 50 years.