Painting Fiberglass

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Painting Fiberglass
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:16:49 -0600
I'm building a lightweight cargo trailer for my daughter and family to pull
behind a Saturn on visits from Mobile to our home.  With a baby, the Saturn
just doesn't have the room... (the stroller takes up the whole trunk !!)

 I've build a small lightweight 4'x5' trailer and plan to mount a
fiberglass rooftop cargo carrier to it so they can have weatherproof
luggage/storage space.. the box will be removable so the trailer can be
used as a utility trailer also..

Now my question... what prep do I need to do to the fiberglass before
painting.. ??  Just scuff it up and prime and paint ??

Will rattle can Krylon do what I need to do ??

TIA

John