RE: Marking ones tools

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Marking ones tools
From: "Mark Watson" <watsonm05@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 22:38:31 -0500
I found this web site with a product that exactly matches your description:
http://www.mdatatech.com/the_microdot.htm

Looks like a neat product!

Pricing?  This is from the link for the U.S. on their page:

  Home Kit    $89.95
  Use the Home Kit to mark approximately 100 items.

  Personal Kit     $49.95
  For apartments, studios or dorm room dwellings. Kit will mark
approximately 25 items.

Ala Carte
----

  Extra Dots     $49.95
  Contains 500 dots for marking your valuables. Includes registration
materials.

  Large Labels     $3.00
  Price includes two large identification labels.

  Small Labels     $4.50
  Includes 10 small identification labels for marking valuables

  30x Scope     $19.95
  30x Scope for viewing DataDots.

*All prices are in US Dollars and do not include shipping or handling.

However, this approach doesn't look any easier that any of the other
approaches mentioned except for the video tape approach.  I think I need do
that for my stuff.

I had entered all of my tools into a database and have somehow lost the most
current version of it.  Bummer - a lot of work lost.

Mark Watson
1956 Daimler Regency Mk II '104' ("The Big D")
1965 Ford Falcon 4 dr sedan ("Georgie" - my daily driver)
other newer transportation devices