heated parts washer?

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: heated parts washer?
From: Steven Trovato <trovato@computer.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 00:12:07 -0500
While we're on the topic of parts washers, I was wondering, has anyone
tried to do anything to warm the solution?  I would imagine it would work a
little better, but more importantly perhaps, it would be more pleasant to
work with.  I was thinking perhaps one could warm the fluid as it goes
through the pumping system.  It would be nice to have warm fluid come out
of the pump, rather than try to warm the entire volume of fluid.  My shop
is around 50 F during the winter when I'm not using it.  When I turn on my
heaters it warms up quickly, but the fluid would still be 50.  I have seen
magnetic heaters that can be stuck on the bottom of the washer, but that
would take forever.  Anyone ever do anything like this?  As always, not
blowing the place up is a requirement.

-Steve Trovato
trovato@computer.net