Re: Question about Radiant Heated Floors and drilling for

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>, "Jeff Cocking" <jeff@cocking.com>,
Subject: Re: Question about Radiant Heated Floors and drilling for
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 22:01:55 -0800
At 10:59 PM 12/26/2001 -0600, Phil Ethier wrote:

> >I am planning a garage to be built later this year.  In the garage, I am
> >setting aside an area for a future machine/wood shop.  I do not know
> >exact equipment that will be going in that area, hence the footprint of

    Isn't the hose grid spaced about a foot apart or more when it is lay'd
down ?  If it is, then I would mark the footings or the slab as it is lay'd
down .  That way you would know where the hoses are when drilling.  One
item to check on would be the slab strength because I believe the slurry
that is poured on top of the slab with the water lines is fairly thin, a
lot of weight on might cause a problem.  I have NO IDEA, only rumors since
Radiant heating is not generally done in S. Calif.

   By the way, most woodworking machinery is not usually bolted down unless
you are talking production type/size equipment.  My lathe is the only tool
that has moved on it own and some scrap steel on the base fixed that problem.

         mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/