Re: project insurance

To: <SGHT@aol.com>, <reynolds@ll.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: project insurance
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 15:13:09 -0500
<SGHT@aol.com> wrote:

> As an aside, make sure you have adequate liability limits also. I have a
> friend who lost everything he had after a simple car accident and he had
> $100,000 liability coverage! A child was badly injured in the other car, with
> no car seat, and a 40 mph accident, and the jury awarded the parents $1.2
> million!

Many years ago, my wife need to transport students in our personal car, and
I was active in my son's cub scout troop.  That's when we discovered the
"Umbrella Policy".  It not a cure all, but for a couple of hundred a year (if
that
much) we are covered for up to a million bucks on personal liability (and
that's
after any other coverage is used up).  Never had to use it, but it's nice to
know
it's there.

Tim Mullen

///