Re: project insurance

To: jniolon@WANS.NET, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: project insurance
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:10:41 EST
In a message dated 12/13/01 6:11:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jniolon@WANS.NET writes:

> I've got about $13k invested so far and a fire
> would wipe it out completely...  I know a lot of you are
> building/restoring/fixing some type of vehicle and some must be in non
> operational condition..... what are you guys doing for insurance on a
> uncompleted truck/car/tractor/racecar/.... project ???

- - - - - - - - - - -

Some homeowners insurance will cover parts and non-registered vehicles, but
be sure the truck is covered for its full value.  On the surface, a 1953
pickup truck ain't worth 50 bucks, so what do you expect an insurance
adjuster will pay?

Check out collector car insurance.  I have Hagerty insurance on my MG Midget.
 It is insured for an agreed value of $5000.  If it is totalled, they cut me
a check for $5000 and it is a done deal.  They also include coverage on extra
parts, and the restrictions on driving the car are very loose.  I pay $99 a
year for the coverage.

Check them out at www.hagerty.com.  Remember, whatever insurance you get, you
want an AGREED value policy, NOT a STATED value policy.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget
'75 MG Midget "The Project"