Re: project insurance

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: project insurance
From: "Chris Granju" <cgranju@esper.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:10:25 -0500
I would concur w/ the recommendation of Hagerty.  I have 3 of my FIATs
covered this way.  Yearly cost is about $150 for full coverage.  I have
relatively low agreed values ($3500 is their min., btw) on the cars & there
are limitations on # of miles drive/yr (3500/yr ?)  & they must be garaged
(locked).  With 6 hobby cars, a family van & a company car, I doubt I could
top the mileage limits if I tried.  My problems w/ mileage on the hobby cars
is more along the lines of not being able to put enough miles on them.  I
recall in the initial conversations w/ them discussing insurance for
non-running project cars under construction.  I currently have a '72 FIAT
124 Coupe under construction with no coverage.  I don't have enough invested
yet to be terribly concerned over the loss...in other words, it's probably
still economically worth the risk for me on this one.  With multi-$Ks
invested + time, I'd be making sure I was protecting my investment.
Chris Granju

///