Re: Shop-talk archives?

To: Chris Heerschap <Heerschap@kns.com>
Subject: Re: Shop-talk archives?
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 07:40:48 -0800
On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 03:27:48AM -0500, Chris Heerschap wrote:

> Is there a searchable archive anywhere?  I'm trying to find out
> information on the Harbor-Freight 12-ton press... basically, if it's
> worth getting.  My primary uses for it is suspension bushings and wheel
> bearings.

I have one.
It's a bolt-together deal, so it's a little wobbly from side to side.
That hasn't seemed to make a difference for what I use it for (pressing
bearings out of motorcycle cases and making apple cider).  Sometimes I
have to take an extra step to shove it to one side or the other to make
everything line up.

A couple times I have come close to needing it's max pressing power
for bearings.

The biggest limitation is the throat size.  It's not that big.
I'd check that the size is enough for what you need to do.

Eric

///