RE: Can there be too many outlets? (was: Re: Another

To: "'Steven Shipley'" <shiples@home.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Can there be too many outlets? (was: Re: Another
From: "Galt, Stuart A" <stuart.a.galt@pss.Boeing.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 15:25:40 -0800

I have evidence on both sides of this fence!  My uncle was unable
to get his wiring approved until he accidently left a bottle of
Jack D. on the table (this was 35 or so years ago in Renton WA).
And three years ago I found the inspector in my area to be
quite helpful in unincorporated king county WA.  I did try to do
all of my homework first so I didn't sound like a complete idiot,
but I was hooking up a 400 amp service and couldn't find this
in any of the books I looked at...

My personal experience with inspectors is that your attitude
(and willingness to try to learn a little bit first) can greatly
impact the result of you and the inspector interacting.  I try
to be very polite and listen very carefully to whatever they say (they
aren't always right).  Besides it is in your best interest to be
nice to the person that you ultimately want to sign the permit
off!

Just my two wire nuts worth.
Stuart Galt.

///