RE: Can there be too many outlets? (was: Re: Another electrical

To: "'Eric Murray'" <ericm@lne.com>, Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Subject: RE: Can there be too many outlets? (was: Re: Another electrical
From: "Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 14:01:46 -0500
Eric,

When I put my addition on a couple of years ago, I did all the
electrical with the exception of moving the power drop from the
old part of the house to the new. I found a couple of books at
Borders or Barnes & Nobles that were pretty complete when it
came to helping me out. I don't remember them off-hand, but if
you go to either one and look through the selection, you should
be able to find books to help.

The biggest proble I had was trying to wire 3 light fixtures in
the middle of two 3-way switches. I sketched them it out several
times and couldn't figure out a way to do it safely. I then asked
one of our electricians here at work and they told me that the
best way was to have switch - switch - lights, rather thatn the
way I wanted to do it. Cost more wire, but it was done.

Inspector came around, and passed rough and final on first pass.
More that the pros could claim, they had to make some changes
due to too tight a loop on some of the wiring they did.

Regards,

Doug