RE: building a shop - radiant heat

To: "Shop" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: building a shop - radiant heat
From: "Kim Knapp" <kimknapp@vail.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 21:01:03 -0600
I had radiant in my previous shop and will have in my new home/shop. Great
for lying under the floor while working on a car. You won't crush the tubing
unless you put a big enough load on a jack to crack the concrete and move
one side of the crack a considerable distance from the other side. In other
words, you would be in big trouble anyway. Dave: be careful about what
tubing you use. Tubing not made for radiant heat can react with the Glycol
and cause all kinds of problems within a few years. Radiant heat is very
efficient since the heat source is at the bottom of the room and heat rises.
Also, not as dry as forced air and other types.

Kim