Re: building a shop - radiant heat

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: building a shop - radiant heat
From: Mike Sloane <msloane@att.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 14:59:33 -0400
There was some lengthy discussions about the subject on either this or
the Antique Tractor list last year. It seems to me that the problems you
may encounter are with corrosion of the pipe in the concrete, but I
cannot recall the details nor what the solution was. Other than that,
the application is basically sound.

Mike

Dave Scarlett wrote:

> I am also doing a new shop and I'm planning on in floor heat. I figure some
> 1/2" tubing in the floor, a hot water heater with glycol/water mix, pump and
> control valves. I could either use this system for total comfort heat or
> maybe just freeze protection and suppliment the shop with wood/oil. Any DIY
> thoughts?

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
(msloane@att.net)
<http://home.att.net/~msloane>
<http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=204428>

"For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve
the quality of life, please press 3." --Alice Kahn

///