Re: building a shop

To: "Rex Burkheimer - WM" <rex@txol.net>,
Subject: Re: building a shop
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:40:17 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Rex Burkheimer - WM <rex@txol.net>
To: Richard Welty <rwelty@suespammers.org>; shop-talk@autox.team.net
<shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 9:17 AM

>I'm currently getting bids on a garage building. Bought a house with no
>garage on 1 acre, but between the trees and the slop etc I have only room
>for a 25x40 building, basically a 4-car garage.  (2-2-4 house!)
>For just a slab and a dry shell, I'm getting prices of $10,500 for metal,
>$20K for framed w/wood siding,

I got a quote for that size, stick-built with vinyl siding, two years ago
for $16,000 here in Minnesota.  I decided to build out from the existing
20x22 another 28 feet to get a total of 20x50.  Same square footage, but by
using the existing, same contractor, the cost was $10,000.  That included
slab and moving the existing overhead door and operator to the new front
wall.

///