RE: Extreme Garages - hell any garage

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Extreme Garages - hell any garage
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:16:34 -0700
> My one question, are you not allowed to fix your cars on the street?  (I'm
> assuming you are parked legally?)

Many, if not most, communities have such laws on the books.  Typically they
are not enforced unless someone complains, and then of course, enforcement
is left to the discretion of the police dept.  The laws are deliberately
vaguely worded, and probably unconstitutional because of that, but no one
ever wants to spend the money to mount a constitutional challenge to a minor
ticket.  I have been hassled for changing a tire on a legally parked car, as
well as for parking a "disabled" (defined as not currently registered)
vehicle in my driveway.  In both cases, it turned out a neighbor was trying
to sell a house, and felt that my vehicles did not improve the neighborhood
(guilty as charged <g>).

Randall

///