Enclosed Trailers

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Enclosed Trailers
From: "Lee S. Mairs" <lmairs@cox.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 10:58:52 -0400
I want an enclosed trailer to:
(1) help move 35 years of "stuff" 200 miles to West By God Virginia,
(2) to move my restored 1962 Austin Healey down three miles of gravel road
from the new place to paved roads, and (3)to provide safe storage for the
Healey until I can get a decent shop/garage constructed.

I've been considering a Wells Cargo 14 foot by 7 foot Landscape Trailer.

Question is can my 1998 Nissan Pathfinder SUV with AT handle the load?  I
suspect that an ATF cooler will be required.  Anything else?

Does the list have any cautions/comments/ideas?  Specifically, is this a
really dumb idea?

BTW, how come you never see any used enclosed trailers for sale?
Lee Mairs, Northern Virginia

The criminal lawyer is too apt to be a man who is tainted somewhat by his
associations, and who fits himself for defending vile characters by
imbibing more or less of their vicious tastes and habits.
  --Thomas Cooley, 1 Cooley's Blackstone xxv

///