Re: PVC for air lines (was: Setting up air lines in the shop)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PVC for air lines (was: Setting up air lines in the shop)
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 07:31:32 -0700
> A few years ago, I visited an automotive paint shop that plumbed all their air
> lines in copper.

'Hard' copper water pipe should be fine, although just like the steel
pipe, you need a flex section to isolate the compressor vibration.  IMO
the heat radiation is a minor issue, not worth worrying about, but
copper conducts heat better than steel.  Steel plumbing is weak at the
threaded fittings, I'm not sure how much stronger it is overall than
copper.

Randall

///