kohler engine work

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: kohler engine work
From: "john nolon" <jniolon@WANS.NET>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 17:42:13 -0500
I've got a Kohler 12 hp horizontal shaft engine in my Cub Cadet...

I've also got bad smoking and excessive oil usage... 1 qt per hr.

the consensus around work that the oil ring is bad....I've pulled the head and
the cylinder is smooth..no galling or gouges.  Comp  is at 95psi so I'm
assuming the compression rings are good..  power is adequate...just smokes
like a mosquito truck..

any Kohler experts out there with any procedures,advice, parts to replace
while I'm ordering...  rings? gaskets? etc..

john
like old Ford trucks...???
check out my website at http://jniolon.clubfte.com

///