Re: I say it off topic, wife says its not

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I say it off topic, wife says its not
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 13:07:35 -0400
I don't know if a vinyl liner can be installed in a plaster pool.  I guess it
would depend on the
particular shape, and I do believe you can get liners made to specification.
But, liner replacement
is not cheap.  In New England, it cost me $3200 last summer to replace my 20
year old 16x32 liner.
And liners require a certain coping which has a recess that holds the liner in
place, and this coping
mounts on to a galvanized steel wall that forms the perimeter of the pool.  So,
I expect that a liner
in its conventional form would not be an inexpensive remedy.

OTOH, my first one lasted 20 years, probably longer than paint or plaster
without attention.

epetrevich@relavis.com wrote:

> The question is, how long do you plan to have the pool?
>
> My opinion would be to look at liners.  They come in a ton of patterns and
> fix ALL leaks instantly.
>
> They may also be priced about the same as "painting" but will last much
> longer.  Plus, you can easily patch a liner if you get a leak.  (they are
> easy to find, wait for the water to stop leaking out, then check along the
> water line)
>
> Inch
>

>                     "BOB  NOGUEIRA"
>                     <nogera@Prodigy.Net>        To:     "shop-talk"