Re: Sand-blasting and lead loading

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sand-blasting and lead loading
From: Fred Marks <marks_fred@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 09:36:49 -0700 (PDT)
Gene-

I took the cheap way out when I bought my blaster.
It's a 40# Central Pneumatic pressure blaster from
Harbor Freight Tools.  I paid $74.99 on Sale and
shipping was free.

40# is not very big, and you do need to refill fairly
frequently.  It also taxes a 6HP/80 gal compressor
fairly hard.  That said however, IT WORKS- AND WORKS
WELL.

It is most emphatically not a professional grade unit,
but for the auto hobbyist who isn't going to have to
blast more than an LBC frame now and then, it'll do
the trick.  I've put almost a half-ton of sand through
mine.  I replaced the stock, cheezy ball valves with
some higher quality ones from Home Depot early on, and
haven't had to mess with it since.

Best 75 bux I ever spent

Fred Marks
GT6 V6 Conv. Project
10.26% complete

> Eugene D Abbondelo wrote:
> >
> > Firstly, a while back there were some
> recommendations on pressurized
> > sand-blasting units (like TIP and Eastwood) sell
> Not the cabinets,
> > just the portable pressurized units.  At the time
> I wasn't in the
> > market for one, but now I am.  Does anyone
> remember the particular
> > recommendations given?
http://auctions.yahoo.com/

///