RE: Air Compressor- Part 2

To: erik@midwestfilter.com, ken.landaiche@nokia.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Air Compressor- Part 2
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 13:08:25 -0700 (PDT)
I built a box for my oilless, but put it outside behind the garage
(under an awning). It's framed up out of 4x4 posts and 2x4s across,
sheeted with 1/4" ABX ply with acoustic ceiling tiles glues to the
inside with Liquid Nails. I put a 4" dryer vent with a muffin fan on
the inside on one side, wired to be on when there's power to the
compressor. There's a 4" hole low on the opposite side, to try to draw
in cool air. There's about a 1" gap between the bottom of the sheeting
and the ground all around. I'd use thicker ply next time, especially
for the doors.

Cut the noise pretty seriously, though there's a high frequency
component that still seems to get through.

I thought about putting a small air filter on the intake to act as a
baffle, but never really found anything that would fit well.

///