Re: Manual intervention

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Manual intervention
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 14:52:29 -0500
How about bouncing it back to the offending user with a pointer to an
"etiquette page"?  That will save the "where did my message go" posts...

MS's auto-suffiexes tend to have rather consistent text strings.  Some
judicious GREPping might be useful.  Bounce them back to the user with a
"how to trim your emails" page or link to MS's KB articles on how to do same.

Maybe list co-moderators might help with the increased workload?

At 23:40 1/19/2001,  Mark J Bradakis was inspired to say:

><snipped>
>
>Now, I could just leave it as the trailer says, and have messages which do
>not have the trailer edited out tossed in the bit bucket.  But there are
>likely folks who just don't realize what they are doing, and need a little
>education.

>And in truth, given that the vast majority of the messages which
>include *way* too much extra stuff are sent via various pieces of junk claimed
>to be useful programs by those marketing thugs at Microsoft, there's a chance
>that the users are not so much to blame for their errors.

>Once I do that, my workload will
>go WAY up.  Maybe I should just quit complaining, shut off the server and go
>work on my cars before race season starts.

Cheers!

///
///