Re: Manual intervention

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Manual intervention
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 00:16:44 -0700 (MST)
     I deleted the message where Mark said how many lists he operates, but
     it was a suprisingly large amount.  If there's 3000 subscribers
     then that's 60 messages a week to reply to.

At the moment there are 81 autox.team.net lists under majordomo, 4 lists using
mailman 1, and a couple of lists recently set up using mailman version 2.
This represents a bit over 15,000 list subscriptions, which probably translates
to maybe 12,000 individual subscribers.  I've not actually generated some real
numbers, but depending on what discussions are occuring on the "big" lists,
there are between 3,000 and 7,000 messages coming in per day.  And depending
on who's trying to spam team.net, or which AOL subscribers aren't paying
attention to their inbox, how many folks can't properly deal with replies and
such, between 100 to 500 error messages come in every day which request
my attention.  The vast majority hit the bit bucket, either through me pushing
a key or various filters.  A mere 60 messages a week would be so sweet!

mjb.

///
///