RE: Forwarded message

To: FZampa@mail.maconstate.edu, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Forwarded message
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 16:35:05 -0800
Fred :

You may be thinking of a Gunk product called Hydro-seal, which had a layer of
water on top of it to keep the nasty stuff from evaporating.  Had lots of phenol
in it and probably methylene chloride too, would eat almost anything, including
your hands. (Including carb parts if you left them in too long.)  There were
probably similar products from other sources.

Unfortunately, it's been outlawed (at least here in the People's Republic of
California) because of all the 'toxic' chemicals in it.  You can still buy
Hydro-seal II at better auto part suppliers, but it's not the same stuff.  I
haven't tried the new formulation, just know that it does not work as a refill
for the old stuff.

See http://www.radiatorspecialty.com/prodinfo\HS5K.PDF

Randall

Fred Zampa wrote :

>  has anyone found a good carburetor cleaner ??
>
>       i remember that way back in my gas station days we had something much
> better.
>
>      any help, ideas, or recollections ??

///
///