Re: Fog in the car.

To: Steve Budde <super_racenut@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Fog in the car.
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 14:46:55 -0500
Steve:

I had a leak in my Mustang heater core this past summer and got a fog coming out
of the A/C vents.  Like others have reported, it was not enough to notice the
smell of antifreeze.  I'll bet it would have created serious cold-weather
problems.

But another direction to pursue is to check the positioning of the vent doors.
If in removing the A/C the vent doors got stuck in the "recirculating" mode, you
could develop the same sort of window fogging in cold weather.  I've had that
problem a couple of times in different cars, and in particular with a
climate-controlled Ford SHO that would fog up intermittently, whenever the door
would stick in some intermediate position.