Re: Fog in the car.

To: "Steve Budde" <super_racenut@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Fog in the car.
From: "Rex Burkheimer" <rex@txol.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 08:31:02 -0600
That was my first thought, but if your core was leaking you would smell
antifreeze, and apparently you do not.
Apparently the warm moist air from the heater is hitting the colder, drier
air from the interior and condensing out into vapor.
     The question is how the heater air becomes more moist than the
interior.    Perhaps there is condensation left from the previous day,
trapped in the ductwork. Have you checked the old drain tube from when the
air was there?  If it is plugged, water would be trapped. Usually you also
get a musty smell with it.  I'd find that tube and make sure it is open.

Rex Burkheimer
Parts Plus Marketing Director
WM Automotive Whse., Fort Worth TX