Re: Electronic pest repellants

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: Electronic pest repellants
From: Carol <classycar@bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 19:03:39 -0600
I was in a "Dollar General" store today and saw those sticky thingies for
the first time. I recalled the mouse thread on this list when I saw them.
Price was right: 4/package for $1.

I was worried about humane issues, but the freezer idea took care of  that.

The Great Grey-and-White Huntress lives here, so pests enter these premises
at dire risk! No problem on Whitewing Lane, and no need for "a better
mousetrap" here, either!! :-)

BTW, there was a discussion on cats/barn cats/mousers here awhile back. I
got to paying attention to why Sarah is such a lethal feline. It's her
feet! She's a very small cat, but she has proportionately HUGE feet . She's
well-fed but loves the hunt anyway. I've seen her work for hours on a
simple waterbug.  I found the garage tumbled today. I'm sure the quarry
paid the price, so I don't mind putting the stuff back on the shelves.

Could be genetic, though. I saved her from a 'cattery' where an
irresponsible sort has many, MANY cats having kittens. He feeds them
sparingly once a day. They either hunt or starve (or get run over on the
highway) and they're terribly inbred. So... the hunting instinct may be a
bit stronger. Sarah is about 10 years worth of generations of kitties down
in the family tree.

Anybody looking for a good hunter might keep the 'feet thing' in mind...

Carol
San Antonio